sábado, 2 de febrero de 2013

Khmer land (pt.2)

Kompong Chray temple (banyan station), built in 1637. Once famous for its bat population. A bomb fell on the temple in 1968; the bats were scared away and haven't returned since.

This temple in Vietnamese is called the Cave temple (chùa Hang), for its entrance design (that looks like a tunnel to me). Here's the entrance with my rental Honda Super Cub.




Found a dog and he followed me around to pose for photos. Definitely a good model.


The temple has a sculpture club that's won many prizes. Artisans are invited here to teach interested monks. They insisted that I go see the exhibition room (and check out the two headed calf), and it was indeed very impressive.



This buffalo would take 3 months to finish.

Suddenly heard a commotion. Some monks started picking tamarind and others came out to cheer for the picker.


Everyone was so excited. They went to all the big trees.


Of course, there's always a loner. In this case, a dragon drawing monk:


Enjoying the fruits of their hard work. I got some too but could only take a couple of bites. They all laughed at my lack of sour tamarind eating skill.


No hay comentarios.: