sábado, 23 de enero de 2010

bye bye US

I finally got my visa on Thursday, after 6 visits to the Mexican consulate. I was sad that I would not see the receptionist and the two security guards anymore; they were always very sympathetic each time they saw me turn up at the door looking both helpless and exasperated.

Today's my last day in Oakland, and maybe in the U.S. I might not be able to come back to the States when I'm done with my internship in May. I've been thinking about the 3.5 years that I've spent here. I have changed so much and yet I am still the same person. I still feel many things that I felt when I first left home and came here the summer of 2005. But this may be something that I can better think about when I'm in Mexico.

Anyways, it has felt real good to have something to look forward to so that my days wouldn't feel so pointless. Over the next few months, I won't have to worry about how to occupy my time every morning when I wake up. I have so many plans for Mexico, to work hard, to meet people and get to know the city, to live on and only on the $500/month stipend, to have my friends come over to visit, to hopefully find a Bharatanatyam class, etc.

Mexico, here I come.

No hay comentarios.: